Date post: 14-05-2015
THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
ON "MULTIPHYSICAL INTERACTION AND ENVIRONMENT - MINE 2015"
On March 09, 2015, Mekong University, Vietnamese - German University, Vietnam Association for Mechanics and Einfo Viet Nam (Ministry of Information & Communications of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam) coordinated to successfully organize the international conference entitled "Multiphysical Interaction and environment - MINE 2015".
Representatives of the Ministry of Education & Training, Association for Mechanics, Departments within and outside Vinh Long Province attended the conference. The conference also attracted the participation of a large number of foreign and domestic scientific experts, lecturers from universities in the country, and representatives of the local and central media agencies.
Prof. Dr. Sc. Bui Song Cau - Acting Rector of Mekong University delivers his opening speech
The conference was to build a bridge of the cooperation in scientific research, teaching and applied research of scientists in Vietnam and other nations, and to gradually improve the quality of scientific research of the young staff, contributing to building the high-quality resources in the field of science and technology.
Leaders of Ministries, Departments, representatives of universities, scientists from Vietnam and other nations attended the conference
The conference attracted more than 40 papers including big issues about the solutions and applications in the Mekong Delta in particular and in Vietnam and the world in general such as Geotechnics, Geo-environment, and Multiphysical Interaction and Civil Engineering, Advanced Structural Calculations, Environmental Science and Technology, which has helped connect the activities of training, research and transfer of scientific and technological achievements among universities and enterprises nationwide and abroad.
The Organizing Committee offered flowers to thank the speakers and scientists
Reports presented at the conference:
1. Prof. Nguyen Ngoc Tran (Mekong Delta Development Research Centre, National Council for Science and Technology Policy), The Mekong Delta Is Facing the Danger of Sinking and Erosion;
2. Prof. Nguyen Van Thinh (Seoul National University, Korea), Recent Development and Application of Computational Fluid Dynamics in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering;
3. Prof. Harro Stolpe (Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany), Analysis of Water Systems in Vietnam – The Basis for Water Resources Management;
4. Prof. Bo Berggren (Berggren Tech, Sweden), Environmental Impact Assessment – The Choice of Foundation Method;
5. Prof. John Wells (Ritsumeikan University Kusatsu, Japan), Observation System Simulation Experiment of a Nowcasting System for Lake Biwa, Japan;
6. Prof. Delwyn G. Fredlund (Geotechnical Engineering Specialist Golder Associates Ltd., Canada), Use of Unsaturated Soil Mechanics for Environmental Protection and Sustainability;
7. Prof. Mounir Bouassida (Université de Tunis El Manar – Ecole Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Tunis, Tunis), Design of Foundations on Soft Clays Reinforced by Floating Columns;
8. Other reports of Vietnamese scientists and lecturers from universities nationwide.
Prof. Nguyen Ngoc Tran presents research results from the Mekong Delta
Prof. John Wells presents his research at the conference