Give advice and assistance for the Rector in managing, planning and implementing scientific research work, domestic and foreign projects.
- Preside over drafting regulations on management of scientific research work and technology development, coordinate with the faculties in planning scientific research.
- Develop plans of scientific research.
- Based on the scientific research budget, make proposal on allocating funds for scientific research and deploy annual scientific and technological activities to the units.
- Monitor and check the use of scientific research and technology deployment funds.
- Monitor and check the plans, progress of scientific research projects at all levels; summarize scientific activities for each semester and school year; propose to reward initiatives and inventions in the field of scientific research.
- Coordinate with Faculties, Departments, Centers, Institutes in finding funding sources to strengthen facilities for scientific research.
- Coordinate with other units to disseminate scientific information inside and outside the university; organize scientific conferences.
- Coordinate with Faculties, Departments, Centers, Institutes in scientific research cooperation with domestic and foreign units; select effective projects, programs and partners.
- Be responsible for management, registration of intellectual property rights, useful solutions and commercialization of scientific research results of staff, lecturers and students.